Reply To: VPN bonding + bridging, is there failover for bridges?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell VPN bonding + bridging, is there failover for bridges? Reply To: VPN bonding + bridging, is there failover for bridges?

houkouonchi

Actually I just realized the way we were doing things at the old office was via openvpn connecting to a BSD server on our private network which was routing the two subnets together. From there our core router (on the private network which is cisco) used the ip route vrf command to connect that subnet to our private vlan. This seems to make the most sense and then I can completely drop the connection that was on a private VLAN on the DC zeroshell box which is better as I would rather not have a box that had a a phsyical connection to our private and public VLANs if avoidable and I would rather not be going through a NAT twice for all the regular connections (its a better solution in general with less routing going on).

I am assuming that there should be no problem with having the *second* vpn connection going over the first VPN bond device so it is a nice aggregated connection?