Reply To: Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping Reply To: Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping

orallo

Hi Again Atheling,

Regarding the topology… I know, its bad, I just dropped the ZS box on the switch in my office.

If/when I get all the NB/QoS stuff working I will move ZS to the server/switch room where it will be placed between the DSL modems and the LAN. But for now, for testing purposes, I think it should do.

Regarding the NB/QoS stuff…

Here is what I’m trying to accomplish: (its a slight variation from what I had stated before)

– Put all computers on the 172.16.1.XXX segment.
– Balance both internet connections in ZS.
– Apply QoS rules by IP ranges, for example I want to make sure an IP (for example 172.16.1.112 gets a guaranteed 1mb up/down pipe for all traffic combined )
– And eventually I’d like to setup a captive portal to filter some content too, but thats not important for right now.

And by the way, there is a typo on the diagram, my DSL routers are on IPs 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1 NOT on 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2.

If you could give me a list of the things I need to do to get all this working I’d greatly appreciate it.

I think a list should be enough, I dont think I need step by step instructions (but then again… if you feel typey… go nuts!! lol)

Thanks again,
-Orallo