Reply To: Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping Reply To: Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping

atheling

By the way, your network diagram shows a network topology that I would not even consider setting up myself.

While I might put both DSL modems onto one switch and from there run them into Zeroshell, I certainly would not put my LAN and WAN traffic into the same switching fabric.

And it looks like you are doing double NAT for all Internet traffic (once in each DSL modem and again in Zeroshell). Given the issues I’ve seen with NAT and VoIP (VoIP is crucial for me) that would be just asking for more problems.

Given enough Ethernet cards, I’d have at least three interfaces on the Zeroshell box so that each DSL modem was directly connected to the Zeroshell router and the LAN was off the third. And then I’d set the DSL modems to bridging mode and do the PPPoE for each ISP in Zeroshell. That would allow better detection of failed links (via the PPPoE handshaking) and you would have only one place where NAT was being performed.