Reply To: Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping Reply To: Question regarding QoS, NetBalancing and Traffic shaping

orallo

Hi All,

We patched the system so netbalancing and QoS can work together but unfortunatelly we cant seem to get it to work.

We create the clases, classify the traffic by IP ranges as described above and when I assign an IP on the (for example) IT range to my workstation, I still go to the WAN through the DEFAULT class.

We┬┤re not sure what we are doing wrong or not doing.

One of the tutorials (http://www.zeroshell.net/listing/QOS-zeroshell.pdf) suggests that we HAVE TO create a bridge between ETH00 and ETH01 in order for QoS to work, so we tried that too, but what happened is that it took our whole network down. Which is very strange to us…

Our LAN is laid out right now with static IP addreses for each computer on the 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x ranges and the only computers “behind” zeroshell are our test computers until we get everything working…

But when we create a bridge with the two interfaces as they are pictured above every computer on the LAN stops being able to access the WAN.

Any ideas?? What are we missing??

Thanks to all for any and all input.

-Orallo