Reply To: Some Virtual Servers hidden from listing – how to delete?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Some Virtual Servers hidden from listing – how to delete? Reply To: Some Virtual Servers hidden from listing – how to delete?

OK I have done more testing – and YIKES – all my fears have been confirmed. More than 100 virtual server and you are in trouble.

1) THE SETUP:

Clean Zeroshell box – 1.0 beta 11

2) Type in 100 Virtual Servers (took a while…)

I add 100 virtual servers to the box. These go in fine. 100 folders showing in /Database.

3) However – after you add in VS 101, this rule does NOT show up in the list of virtual server entries.

4) However, entries after 100 that you add DO get added to iptables rules – so you THINK it’s all going to be fine

5) However on the next reboot – UH-OH – all the rules that are not listed, Gone. Wiped!

6) Now, if you delete 5 of the 100 rules – and then you add one more – this is OK – this rule now shows up.

7) The next thing is a bit more confusing. If you then add an additional rule, this rule now over writes that rule you just put in.

8) Just like before – it all works, so you think you are OK. But after the next reboot – that last rule – it won’t be there.

So basically – in short after you add your 100th VS – horrible things happen to your ZS box.

Beware!

J