Reply To: Zeroshell with multiple SIP devices and multiple WANs?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell with multiple SIP devices and multiple WANs? Reply To: Zeroshell with multiple SIP devices and multiple WANs?

atheling

To answer my previous post, Zeroshell 1.0.beta12 does correctly support QoS, multiple WANs with load balancing and public servers on the LAN.

I have submitted changes to Fulvio to correct those issues that blocked me and at this point am happy with how Zeroshell is working. There are some remaining issues I am looking at but they are very minor and do not detract from my current operation.

I am to the point where my issue with T.38 appears to be in my Asterisk version/setup (a separate box). The Zeroshell box (a Soekris net5501 with added Ethernet NIC) can be setup to deal correctly with tracking SIP connections and properly handling the forwarding of the associated RTP stream.

You can make a beta12 Zeroshell handle QoS, multiple WANs and externally accessible hosts by overriding what it does in the mangle table in the underlying Linux iptables. Or you can wait for the next Zeroshell beta which I believe will have my changes included.