Reply To: ZeroShell as VPN Client to replace openVPN GUI on XP (Help)

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking ZeroShell as VPN Client to replace openVPN GUI on XP (Help) Reply To: ZeroShell as VPN Client to replace openVPN GUI on XP (Help)

Andy22

@ppalias wrote:

OK it seems to be more complicated than I had imagined. Give me some time to reproduce it on my ZS and maybe I shall be able to assist you.

Thx a bunch, i have no clue why its not working and im getting tired on spending 2 hours a day installing and randomly creating routes/rules…

I also just got me a 4GB flash chip to replace my 64MB on teh thinclient tobe able to install and test other firewall/router software. I just tested pfsense and it looks similar out there, i can start the tunnel via shell all looks fine but i cant get the windows dhcp client to route through the established tunnel…

PS: Is it really such a uncommon configuration to try transparently route client traffic through a vpntunnel, while the router itself establish the client connection? Since this way u also don’t need to install/config any software on the client machines and ofc the xbox360 cant install vpn software.

Im the only “fool” out there trying this?