Reply To: 3g vpn bond issues

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking 3g vpn bond issues Reply To: 3g vpn bond issues

srix

[Note to admin: for some reason my BBcode options is disabled. could be this bug http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket.php?ticket_id=23495&start=8 . So my posts are not formatted correctly . I have to add # instead of ‘space’ in the ascii art , else ‘space’ gets stripped]

Hi dotcomstu,

did u manage to resolve it. If yes please share.

Problem seems to exist in 1.0 beta 16 also. VPN connections ignore the Gateway association in the settings page.

Here is my setup. Am trying to aggregate bandwidth over two ppp connections over EVDO ( USB wireless broadband dongle).

Quote:
#########–> VPN0 -> ppp0 ->
bond0 (rr)—>| ############ | —-> VPN server
#########–> VPN1 -> ppp1 ->

If am right, above is the suggested solution by Zeroshell. But right now am here.

Quote:
–> VPN0 -> ppp0 ->
############# | —-> VPN server
–> VPN1 -> ppp0 ->

As you can see both the VPN connect to remote VPN server using the same ppp0 device ( If I connect ppp1 before connecting ppp0, both VPN will connect to ppp1). Both ppp gateways are created in Netbalancer page and Netbalancer is active in ‘Load balancing and failover’ mode. FYI, Disabling /Enabling Netbalancer didn’t affect the way VPN connected.

I have not bothere to create the bond device yet because there is no point in bonding over the same ppp channel.

On examination of ps -ef ( changed the remote server name for security purpose), I find that there is no parameter specifying the gateway to the openvpn client. Wondering how zeroshell is enforcing the gateway association to VPN.

Code:
root@zeroshell root> ps -ef | grep vpn
root 11995 1 0 10:38 ? 00:00:00 openvpn –dev VPN01 –remote remotevpnserver.com –port 443 –proto tcp-client –tls-client –dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem –ca /etc/ssl/trusted_CAs.pem –cert /var/register/system/net/interfaces/VPN01/TLS/cert.pem –key /var/register/system/net/interfaces/VPN01/TLS/key.pem –tls-remote OpenVPN_Server –dev-type tap –float –keepalive 1 11 –script-security 3 –management 127.0.0.1 34001 –daemon VPN01_L2L –config /DB/watchyzs/ovpn/srix_auto/client.ovpn –down /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_mii

root 17834 1 0 11:00 ? 00:00:00 openvpn –dev VPN00 –remote remotevpnserver.com –port 443 –proto tcp-client –tls-client –dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem –ca /etc/ssl/trusted_CAs.pem –cert /var/register/system/net/interfaces/VPN00/TLS/cert.pem –key /var/register/system/net/interfaces/VPN00/TLS/key.pem –tls-remote OpenVPN_Server –dev-type tap –float –keepalive 1 11 –script-security 3 –management 127.0.0.1 34000 –daemon VPN00_L2L –config /DB/watchyzs/ovpn/srix_auto/client.ovpn –down /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_mii