Reply To: Connecting access point to access point

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Connecting access point to access point Reply To: Connecting access point to access point

skumaran

Hi,

Yes, I did try doing that.

1. I created two SSID. One on each of the Soekris boards.
2. I enabled WDS option in both the boards.
3. Associatied the SSID in one board with the other board using iwconfig command

Then I checked using my laptop for the list of wireless station that were available. Only one among the 2 SSIDs were visible in the list. My intention was to establish a communication between both but I was not able to do that too. I tried using a ping command between the boards and that also didnt work.

My objective is this. I have two boards running Zeroshell and there are two wireless cards in each board. I would like to establish a communication between the boards wirelessly. I tried setting up one board as a client and another as an Access point and tried the wireless configuration. But that wasn’t successful too.

From my laptop I can connect to any of the access point wirelessly and communicate.

So if someone had ever done a wireless communication between two motherboards(having a wireless card) using Zeroshell please help me out with this issue.

Thanks.