Reply To: VPN bonding DHCP problems

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell VPN bonding DHCP problems Reply To: VPN bonding DHCP problems

jvandenbroek

I’ve encapsulated BOND00 in BRIDGE00 and activated DHCP on it, now the problem with the discover messages seems to be gone! That’s great, thanks.

My idea of bonding with fail-over only for VPN was that the VPN would stay alive in a event of link failure, or just with only a few secs of downtime. Isn’t it true that the Net Balancer fail-over would take longer to happen than having two active tunnels of which one gets down and bonding is doing the fail-over part instead? If not, than I can see it’s much easier to just setup one tunnel and let Net Balancer do the fail-over.

I’ll have to test fail-over again with the bonded VPN being bridged, maybe that now also works as expected. I’ll let you know if that is the case.

Thanks a lot.

– Joost

[edit]
I’ve tested fail-over today by pulling WAN1’s plug, but BOND00 still doesn’t fail-over. It sees that VPN01 is down, but simply won’t change the active slave. Other traffic does, as said before, fail-over as expected.
[/edit]