Reply To: Zeroshell Lan to Lan VPN bonding to CentOS server?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Zeroshell Lan to Lan VPN bonding to CentOS server? Reply To: Zeroshell Lan to Lan VPN bonding to CentOS server?

gcams

Thanks for your speedy reply Fulvio, I was worried that might be the case.

Unfortunately, I’m using a cloud computing solution for my server (GoGrid) and therefore don’t have the option to install a dedicated Zeroshell box at the server end. Is there anyway I can more easily replicate the configuration of the VPN from a fail-over load balancing point of view, on the CentOS server? Either that, or can you point me in the right direction as far as what tools Zeroshell uses for the load balancing/bonding/failover, so I can try and replicate it as best I can?

I take in the interface bonding is done using the bonding module? For load-balancing, I actually only really need the zeroshell device to load-balance traffic leaving the zeroshell device over the 3G links, as most of the traffic will be outbound (with only acknowledgments inbound). In other words, it wouldn’t really matter if traffic from the CentOS server, back to the Zeroshell box went over one link. However fail-over is paramount and the biggest reason for my wanting a solution like this.

Thanks again for any ideas on the above!