Reply To: Linux QOS is not efficient enough for VoIP over shared WANs

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Linux QOS is not efficient enough for VoIP over shared WANs Reply To: Linux QOS is not efficient enough for VoIP over shared WANs

rochajoel

Yes, ZeroShell is great. 😉

And i am sure that if i benchmark my PII400 with 256Mb of RAM and 5 100Mbits Ethernet cards + wifi, with Zeroshell, it will not perform as good as a WRT54G with 200Mhz, 32Mb RAM and wifidog, plus it saves me money, because the WRT54G consumes less energy, so, it does not pollute so much the environment. 😎 It’s a PII400 it should perform at least twice as good 😆

I have some friends that have the WRT54G and wifidog in a business environment, and they do not complain. They tried it once, and a few months later they buyed many more… i wonder why…

But, wifidog does not have a RADIUS server, that’s is the main reason i’m not concerned about it’s performance, and that’s is the reason why i use it, and support it. I’ve never seen a router with RADIUS capabilities. Until i tried ZeroShell. 🙄

Just one more thing, i’ve seen also some WRT54G that constantly rebooted from time to time, so… you must be careful with the hardware revision of the WRT54G that you buy…. that is a major setback. 😳