I have installed the fx5620 linitx with the 6 nic’s on the same way:
For the 512 Meg flash disk, I couldn’t create an extended device big enough, there was only 11 meg free after the normal Zeroshell beta6 install.
(I took out the 512 Meg flash disk and inserted this in an usb flash card reader; so it comes up on my machine as /dev/sdd, but for convinience i’ll call it /dev/hdx, since it comes up as an hd device on the linitx box)
1. I copied the files from /dev/hdx2 (the cdrom device) to /dev/hdx3 (the DB device),
1.1 I created via fdisk an extended partition, /dev/hdx5 (the 11 meg that was left) and copied the _DB… file from the original /dev/hdx3 to the newly created hdx5….
2. and the files (EXCEPT the symbolic links /usr en /sbin) from a
mount -o loop /mnt/hdx2/isolinux/rootfs /mnt/zeroshell-root
(where /mnt/hdx2 is the mounted cdrom/iso9660 partition of the flash disk, and the /mnt/zeroshell-root is just a testing/tmp directory) to the /dev/hdx3.
3. Fixed the symbolic link in /lib/ named ‘modules’ (orig. pointed to /cdrom/modules) to point to ../modules (the copy in 1.)
4. edited /mnt/hdx1/grub/menu.1st and changed
kernel /vmlinuz ramdisk_size=131072 quiet
kernel /vmlinuz ramdisk_size=131072 ide=nodma root/dev/hdc3
5. could remove the cdrom thingies in /mnt/hdx1/initrd.gz:
copy it to a tmp directory;
unzip it (gunzip initrd.gz)
mount it (mount -o loop initrd init-mount)
edit the linuxrc file in the init -mount root-directory:
remove/comment everything except the
mount -t proc proc /proc
Ok, everything booted fine as well, but when it starts searching for a DB, he finds it at /dev/hdc5, but returned a FAILED… Nevertheless, everything seems to work, network interfaces come up all six, and the webpage shows up.
Is there anything wrong with the DB database tmp – dir being 11 meg instead of 300 meg?
all 6 interfaces come up nice:
eth0: RTL8169s/8110s at 0xd080ca00, 00:04:a7:05:c0:91, IRQ 11
eth1: RealTek RTL8139 at 0xd081ef00, 00:04:a7:08:67:85, IRQ 10
eth1: Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8100B/8139D'
eth2: RealTek RTL8139 at 0xd0820e00, 00:04:a7:08:67:84, IRQ 11
eth2: Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8100B/8139D'
eth3: RealTek RTL8139 at 0xd0822d00, 00:04:a7:08:67:83, IRQ 9
eth3: Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8100B/8139D'
eth4: RealTek RTL8139 at 0xd0824c00, 00:04:a7:08:67:82, IRQ 5
eth4: Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8100B/8139D'
eth5: RealTek RTL8139 at 0xd0828b00, 00:04:a7:08:67:81, IRQ 10
eth5: Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8100B/8139D'
except the numbering on the device is reverse. (on the device is written above the networkports 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 6=ETH00, 5=ETH01,… ), nothing to bother about.