www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

OpenDNS dynamic IP updating - DNS-O-Matic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Request a new feature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: OpenDNS dynamic IP updating - DNS-O-Matic Reply with quote

It would be nice to have a client to update OpenDNS when my dynamic IP changes. I use OpenDNS for content filtering.

OpenDNS' service DNS-O-Matic allows updating quite a few dnynamic DNS services all from a single update client. https://www.dnsomatic.com/wiki/supportedservices

Is the existing DynDNS client in Zeroshell based on inadyn? inadyn can be made to update DNS-O-Matic, I just need to be able to specify a custom domain and a few other settings that I can't now.[/url]
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the updater for DynDNS has been written by myself. I have to investigate about the possibility to write an updater for OpenDNS too.

Regards
Fulvio
fish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great Fulvio! Thanks for all your work on Zeroshell.
Agreken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: "Bad Port" when trying DYNDNS Reply with quote

When I configure my DynDNS setup, the just show an error of "Bad port number."

Am I missing something somewhere else in the setup? I'm on 1.0beta11
fish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fulvio,
I noticed the OpenDNS updater patch you posted. I will give it a try tonight.

Thanks for all your hard work on zeroshell!

Mark
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if the OpenDNS updater works as you expect.

Regards
Fulvio
fish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The client is updating OpenDNS directly without issue. Good work! Thanks for all your hard work on this.

The client does not appear to be sending the updates through DNS-O-Matic, but to OpenDNS directly. If Zeroshell were to update DNS-O-Matic, the one update message can propagated to DynDNS, OpenDNS, and other dynamic DNS services as well.

Here is the API documentation for DNS-O-Matic.
https://www.dnsomatic.com/wiki/api

A single DNS-O-Matic client updater in Zeroshell effectively gives you a client for all these dynamic DNS services:

2MyDNS
afraid.org
ChangeIP
CJB
DLinkDDNS
DNS Made Easy
DNS Park
DNSexit
DSL Reports Monitor
DtDNS
DynDNS
DynIP
dynu
easyDNS
editDNS
eNom
EveryDNS
NameCheap
No-IP
ODS.org
OpenDNS
regfish
Security Space
Sitelutions
TZO
WorldWideDNS.net
xname
Yi.org
ZoneEdit
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.
Surely I will include the DNS-O-Matic updater in the next release.

Regards
Fulvio
fish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fulvio!
richedkid

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would be nice to have a client to update OpenDNS when my dynamic IP changes.. please let us know the details on ow this could be..
hojendiz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news.

I need no-ip.org compatibility.

please! Sad
xet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: no-ip cron script Reply with quote

I created a cron job which does the following each hour, its not dynamic but works with no-ip, and is based on the zeroshell ddns2 script.

And should work with any dynamic dns services that allows updating via a URL (most do)

change username, password and add your list of hostname(s)

# Bash script: noip-Cron
ls -la /tmp/dyndns0.*
wget -t 3 -w 20 -o "/tmp/dyndns0.err" -O "/tmp/dyndns0.out" "http://<username>:<password@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=<host1>,<host2.no-ip.com>,<etc>"
ls -la /tmp/dyndns0.*
cat /tmp/dyndns0.out

Enjoy,
Xet
nekomax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: No-IP Cron Script Reply with quote

Thanks xet you put me on the right path. But just an update to xet's post

To specify the username and password and have it work with WGET you have to specify it as follows:

wget -t 3 -w 20 -o "/tmp/dyndns0.err" -O "/tmp/dyndns0.out" --http-user=USERNAME --http-passwd=PASSWORD "http://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=YOURHOSTNAME1,YOURHOSTNAME2,etc"

Change USERNAME, PASSWORD and add your list of hostname(s)
You can remove the quotes from the URL
timharris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: DNS-O-MATIC Setup for Dynamic DNS Reply with quote

I have DNS-O-MATIC working with a cron job. Below are the steps:

1.- In web interface of Zeroshell go to Setup
2.- Click on Startup/Cron
3.- At the bottom of the pop up window click "add job"
4.- Give the job a name.
5.- In the main Text Area paste the following code (replace password and username accordingly):
Code:
wget https://username:password@updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update

6.- Select the time intervals for running the job.
7.- DNS-O-MATIC should now be updating. You are good to go!!
anas_xrt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used cloudflare under dns-o-matics. I have using cron every 10 min (lower and 10 min Cloudflare refuse, I think)

and also I prefer curl to do update. refer my curl in cron job below

Quote:
curl -sSfLk --retry 3 --user "myusername:mypassword" "https://@updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?hostname=hostname"

If you click test the script.. I found 2 message that you my consider.

1. no host = you may not configure host in Dns-o-matic yet or in my case I have putting wrong place between hostname and domain LOL

2. good IPxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx = it mean that the DNS-o-Matic get your update. But it does not mean it will update on Cloudflare... you have to check the history on your hostname that use inside Dns-o-Matic... For me I found the error "err More than 1200 requests per 300 seconds reached. Please wait and consider throttling your request speed (10100)" Shocked Because I have often request test my curl script too many time. So I have to update the cron to 10 min.. that should be fine for me to get my zeroshell ddns update.

The Curl parameter, you can find from the Curl man.. with those I used, it work very well from what I want. Very Happy

Anyway, if it can develop DNS-o-Matic client inside Zeorshell, that will be super! Razz
iulyb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anas_xrt wrote:
I used cloudflare under dns-o-matics. I have using cron every 10 min (lower and 10 min Cloudflare refuse, I think)

and also I prefer curl to do update. refer my curl in cron job below

Quote:
curl -sSfLk --retry 3 --user "myusername:mypassword" "https://@updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?hostname=hostname"

If you click test the script.. I found 2 message that you my consider.

1. no host = you may not configure host in Dns-o-matic yet or in my case I have putting wrong place between hostname and domain LOL

2. good IPxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx = it mean that the DNS-o-Matic get your update. But it does not mean it will update on Cloudflare... you have to check the history on your hostname that use inside Dns-o-Matic... For me I found the error "err More than 1200 requests per 300 seconds reached. Please wait and consider throttling your request speed (10100)" Shocked Because I have often request test my curl script too many time. So I have to update the cron to 10 min.. that should be fine for me to get my zeroshell ddns update.

The Curl parameter, you can find from the Curl man.. with those I used, it work very well from what I want. Very Happy

Anyway, if it can develop DNS-o-Matic client inside Zeorshell, that will be super! Razz

Hi,
I don't think dnsomatic is the way to go because it will have issues with net balancer.
On the other hand, you can try my change on dns that make it customizable. http://www.zeroshell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5747
It will basically do that curl inside of the script.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Request a new feature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: