www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Guide on firewall rules and how to get equipment messages by

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lennynpeter

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Guide on firewall rules and how to get equipment messages by Reply with quote

Unfortunately, my networking knowledge is very limited , but since I knew about Zeroshell I considered it as the best way to ‘shape’ you home network for specific needs and being far away from standard equipment, that might be easy to be hacked. With all the articles on the Zeroshell home page and the forum and got pretty far, but need still a lot of help form experienced users. I have some equipment, such as UPS, Linux boxes, power switches, which are able to send email messages in case of critical events (the same Zeroshell does), but only the messages from Zeroshell make it through, so I guess this is a firewall setup issue. As well I found some open ports (111 – rpcbind; 199 – Linux SNMP multiplexer; 705) and don’t know what is the best to do in this case. I haven’t seen any general guide on firewall setup or something specific to the equipment email issue, so I would very appreciate any kind of help to get me on track. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Peter Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: